Kevin Labanc is a top-six forward. And Labanc’s new contract could end up being a bargain.
Here’s my argument for Labanc’s much-panned four-year deal:
In other San Jose Sharks news…
Before the NHL Draft, Brandon Coe wrote a letter to his dad, who’s been fighting cancer since 2016:
San Jose, you got a good one.https://t.co/l2sFRIvXzC
— The Players' Tribune (@PlayersTribune) October 8, 2020
A great story about San Jose Sharks fan favorite Paul Martin, who’s working toward his degree and is an undergraduate assistant for the Minnesota Gophers men’s ice hockey team.
— USA Hockey (@usahockey) October 9, 2020
Around the NHL…
Key UFA signings yesterday:
- Taylor Hall signs for one year, $8 million dollars with Buffalo
- Kyle Clifford signs for two years, $2 million dollars with St. Louis
- Former San Jose Sharks prospect Danny O’Regan signs for one year, $700K with Vegas
- Tomas Nosek signs for one year, $1.25 million dollars with Vegas
- Vladislav Namestnikov signs for two years, $4 million dollars with Detroit
“He played with Mr. Hockey, coached Gretzky and helped shape today’s Calgary Flames, but Tom Webster will be remembered as much for who he was off the ice as what he did on it.” (Sportsnet)
Jonathan Toews and the rest of Chicago’s core players aren’t happy with management’s moves. (The Athletic)
Sheng’s Travel Fund
Help fund Sheng's travel! Every dollar goes to the cost of getting to and from Sharks road games.