Fun facts about the No. 7 pick — that’s where the San Jose Sharks are picking on July 23rd: How many Hall of Famers were drafted out of that spot? Who played the most games? How many goalies came out of there?
In other San Jose Sharks news…
Mario Ferraro has won a World Championships gold medal!
MADIO FERRARO pic.twitter.com/sd7Lstb46o
— isabella (@youngestofplugs) June 6, 2021
Kevin Labanc, Ryan Donato, and Sasha Chmelevski took the bronze!
— Kevin Labanc (@Str8ToTheBanc) June 6, 2021
Some key San Jose Sharks’ World Championships stats:
- Ferraro was one of four Canadian defensemen to play over 20 minutes a night: Troy Stecher (22:09), Sean Walker (20:47), Ferraro (20:43), and Owen Power (20:07)
- Labanc notched six points in 10 appearances (13:20 Minutes Per Game), while Donato registered four (14:09) — meanwhile, Chmelevski scored four points in limited ice time (9:39 in eight games)
- Alexander Barabanov led Russia with eight points in eight games
- Timo Meier was second on Switzerland with four goals in eight contests
- Marcus Sorensen played a regular shift and notched four points in seven tilts (15:42)
- Alexander True didn’t have much scoring luck (two points in seven games) but was second among Danish forwards in usage at 18:35 Per Game
- Lean Bergmann played in six of fourth-place Germany’s 10 games, averaging 10:34 a night
Around the NHL…
The winner of the all-Canadian North Division will be able to travel back and forth across the border during the third and final rounds of the playoffs. (TSN)
Is there a way to win a Mitch Marner trade? (Sportsnet)
Chris Peters talked to a scout about Taya Currie’s game — the goalie just became the first woman to be selected in the OHL draft. (Hockey Sense)
Aleksander Barkov, Patrice Bergeron, and Mark Stone were named finalists for the Selke Trophy. (NHL)
Auston Matthews, Jaccob Slavin, and Jared Spurgeon were named finalists for the Lady Byng Trophy. (NHL)
Sheng’s Travel Fund
Help fund Sheng's travel! Every dollar goes to the cost of getting to and from Sharks road games.