The San Jose Sharks were supposed to be playing against the Vegas Golden Knights tonight at Gila River Arena, followed by a Feb. 3 re-match.
That was postponed last week because Alex Pietrangelo and three Golden Knights coaches entered COVID-19 protocol. Those games have now been re-scheduled — and they’re actually replacing already-scheduled games:
The NHL has announced the following changes to our schedule.
— San Jose Sharks (@SanJoseSharks) February 1, 2021
Here’s the breakdown:
- The Feb. 1 game vs. Vegas has been moved to Feb. 13 at 1 PM PT. It’s replacing the originally scheduled Feb. 13 tilt against Anaheim.
- So the San Jose Sharks’ Feb. 13 home opener, the first game at SAP Center for the Sharks’ 30th anniversary season, will now be against Peter DeBoer and the Golden Knights.
- The originally-scheduled Feb. 13 contest vs. the Ducks has now been moved to an open spot on the schedule on Apr. 6.
- Next, the Feb. 3 game versus Vegas has now been moved to an open spot on the schedule on Feb. 25. This will now be the first tilt of a six-game homestand, the San Jose Sharks’ longest of this season.
- Finally, the Feb. 26 home game against St. Louis has been moved to an open spot in the schedule on Mar. 8.
If we’ve learned anything this season, this won’t be the last change on the schedule.
Sheng’s Travel Fund
Help fund Sheng's travel! Every dollar goes to the cost of getting to and from Sharks road games.