San Jose Hockey Now is hiring!
We’re looking for a freelance San Jose Barracuda writer. The Barracuda are the San Jose Sharks‘ AHL affiliate.
San Jose Barracuda Writer
This is what we’re seeking from our San Jose Barracuda writer:
- Solid hockey knowledge, especially of the San Jose Sharks organization
- A track record with writing human interest feature stories and for meeting deadlines
- A willingness to take direction on such stories
- A penchant for writing clean and lively copy
- Experience preparing for and conducting in-person or phone interviews
- An ability to act professionally at all times in a non-traditional working environment
- A commitment to cover the Barracuda for the 2021-22 season
- Completion of about 40 Barracuda feature stories for the 2021-22 season
- Ability to navigate WordPress CMS
- Reasonable proximity to SAP Center and the ability to attend every Barracuda home game in person
These are also helpful attributes:
- Desire to watch every Barracuda road game (from home)
- Ability to cut video from AHL TV
- Social media expertise, especially with Twitter
This position will be paid per article. Travel from home to SAP Center to attend Barracuda home games will also be compensated.
Please send a CV, at least two relevant references, and links to three work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is an example of the type of Barracuda story that I’m looking for, from Brian Truong, who held this position last season — I want to learn more about the prospects of the San Jose Sharks organization:
Please title your e-mail Barracuda Writer Position.
The Barracuda start their season on Oct. 17, so the plan is to hire for this position quickly.
Sheng’s Travel Fund
Help fund Sheng's travel! Every dollar goes to the cost of getting to and from Sharks road games.