Connect with us

San Jose Sharks

BREAKING: Sharks Stay Put in Draft Lottery, Will Pick No. 4

Published

on

The San Jose Sharks will pick No. 4 in the 2023 NHL Draft.

The Sharks stayed put in today’s Draft lottery. The Chicago Blackhawks won first-overall, the Anaheim Ducks No. 2, and the Columbus Blue Jackets third-overall.

Coming into today, the San Jose Sharks, because they had the fourth-worst record in the NHL, had the fourth-best odds of winning the No. 1 pick. They had roughly a 35 percent chance of staying in the top-four, and a 65 percent likelihood of dropping to No. 5 or 6.

With the fourth-overall pick, the Sharks should zero in on a consensus group of prospects outside of presumptive first-overall Connor Bedard and likely No. 2 Adam Fantilli. Per Draft expert Chris Peters of FloHockey, other prospects in this range include Leo Carlsson, Matvei Michov, or Will Smith.

Draft Lottery Preview: Chris Peters on Who Sharks Might Pick From No. 1 to 6

The San Jose Sharks also own the New Jersey Devils’ first round pick in this year’s Draft. That selection, from the Timo Meier trade, will fall from No. 26 to 32, depending on where the Devils finish in the playoffs. New Jersey is currently down 2-1 to the Carolina Hurricanes in their second-round series.

The first round of the Draft will be on Jun. 28 in Nashville.

Sheng’s Travel Fund

Help fund Sheng's travel! Every dollar goes to the cost of getting to and from Sharks road games.


Click here to contribute to Sheng's travel pool!

Get SJHN in your inbox!

Enter your email address to get all of our articles delivered directly to your inbox.

Hockey Shots

Extra Hour Hockey Training

Cathy’s Power Skating

Sharks Team & Cap Info

Meta